Up to £50,000 + Basic + Benefits
Our client is passionate about encouraging people to eat well and live sustainably. They do this by championing smaller suppliers who they trust to provide the very best products for them to deliver to your doorstep.
Your Role Purpose
The D&I Manager is a hands-on role responsible for deriving high-quality, actionable insight from systems to allow them to offer a better service to their customers. This is achieved through thorough investigation and alignment of a disparate and complex set of data translated into value driven insight.
Your Key Deliverables
- Identify current and new sources of data across the business in order to build data products to achieve high-impact
- Leverage current capabilities and support the procurement of new methods and tools to store data for insight generation
- Create, sustain and productionise our operational data into a credible D&I capability
- Partner with the Commercial and Finance leads to understand and deliver data needs
- Champion Data requirements for new projects and initiatives to ensure future integration
- Drive customer behaviour Insights across the business to evolve the business model of the future
Your Experience & Background
- A degree in quantitative methods, such as Data Science, Statistics or Machine Learning
- Advanced knowledge of curating (desirable) and use of (essential) data repositories and manipulation tools such as SQL, Python, Google Analytics or other Cloud applications and reporting tools
- Experience of Enterprise applications, ideally in Customer centric E-Commerce, for a data driven businesses (desirable)
Your Aptitude / Mindset
- A person who can efficiently navigate complex data to create insight, and use this information to recommend and challenge current thinking – Be Curious
- Highly motivated self-starter, comfortable working on both independent and team projects – Be Passionate
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to leverage the knowledge and context from individuals – Be Clear
Ref no: PR/000122/LHM
Whilst we would like to respond to all our online applicants, regrettably we are unable to do so due to the high volumes we receive. If you’ve not heard from us within two weeks, unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. For alternative opportunities or to register for jobs by email, please visit our website at www.newchapter.co.uk.