- £65,000 – £75,000 + Benefits
- North London (currently working remotely)
Our client is the UK’s leading gift supplier, they encourage thoughtful gifting and are committed to making a difference.
They aim to have the best range of gifts on offer, at market leading prices, sold through an industry-leading e-commerce platform that is marketed through cutting edge e-marketing
As a Product Design Lead, you will be responsible for leading the Product Design Team, mentoring, and guiding existing team members with potential to build out the future team.
We are looking for an experienced Product Design lead that has strong experience across UX, Research and Design. You will have experience in different industries, with a preference for ecommerce products/companies and be able to demonstrate Design thinking.
Reporting to the Head of Product, you will work closely with the Product team on future Roadmap ideas and concepts and with development through implementation. This role will be key in driving the introduction of new user research techniques and assessing their success on an ongoing basis. You will also own Product Design strategy – creating and becoming the guardian of a style guide/design library that aligns with the Product strategy.
A bit more about the role
- Lead and mentor Product Design team with the ability to build the team in the future.
- Hands on role with a previous experience in a leadership role is required.
- User Research and testing (including concept and usability testing)
- Creating wireframes, prototypes and user flows based on user needs
- Using data in conjunction with user research to create user centric products.
- Ability to interpret user research / testing outputs and synthesise with and improve existing designs and journeys.
- Advocate for and be the voice of the user.
- Analytical and creative – finds creative ways using design thinking to solve UX problems, with a solid grounding in data.
- Work collaboratively with both the Product and Development teams.
- Create and implement style guide and ensure UX/Design aligns with defined principles.
- Ability to evangelise design thinking within the broader organisation, including leading approach to design sprints.
- Experienced in agile and design sprints.
- 7-10 years strong UX/Product Design experience, including user research.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as Product Design manager.
- Able to demonstrate different user research techniques.
- Portfolio of Product Design/UX work from several different companies/industries/initiatives.
- Ecommerce experience is highly preferred.
- Technical competence to be able to build prototypes / discuss solutions with Product and Dev as well as HTML/CSS if required.
- Design software (Sketch, InVision)
- Degree/qualification in a relevant discipline preferred.
Whilst we would like to respond to all our on-line applicants, regrettably we are unable to do so due to the high volumes we receive. If you’ve not heard from us within two weeks, unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. For alternative opportunities or to register for jobs by email, please visit our website at www.newchapter.co.uk.