- £40,000 – £50,000 + Benefits
- Based North London (currently working remotely)
Our client is the UK’s leading gift supplier, they encourage thoughtful gifting and are committed to making a difference.
They aim to have the best range of gifts on offer, at market leading prices, sold through an industry-leading e-commerce platform that is marketed through cutting edge e-marketing
We are looking for a creative individual who is passionate about Product Design. You will be a logical & strategic thinker, having a strong background in UX/UI design, preferably in an e-commerce or marketing environment with a proven track record of researching, designing and implementing customer-facing products. This is an end-to-end Product Design role, covering user research, wireframing and prototyping, testing and implementation. A solid understanding of UX / CX principles and UI design is a prerequisite.
A bit more about the role:
- Working with the Product, Development, Product Design and marketing teams to craft user journeys to solve key customer problems, collaborating closely with other teams.
- Developing wireframes, prototypes and final designs/front-end code for website functionality.
- Working with the wider Product and e-commerce team to analyse data, review website trends and implement changes based on the site performance to maximize conversion rates.
- Use existing and introduce new user research products and techniques to improve usability.
- Be an advocate for the customer.
- Assisting with, and taking ownership of the design and usability of new features, site improvements, and usability bug-fixes.
- Ensuring all content adheres to style guides & reinforces brand consistency and values
This role will best suit an individual who is passionate about UX / UI Design & Development, and we would ideally look for
- 3-5 years’experience as a UX/UI or Product Designer.
- Strong design chops – experienced in UI design, with natural creative ability.
- Excellent knowledge of Sketch, Photoshop, Invision.
- Preferred: Responsive coding skillset with strong experience of Bootstrap.
- Experience working with cross functional Product teams in an agile environment.
- Understanding and experience of design sprints.
- Strong aptitude for understanding customer needs (user research and testing) and data and synthesizing these to deliver market-leading customer journeys.
- Experience in wireframing & prototyping.
- Experience with A/B testing, interpreting results, VM tools and processes.
- Experience of CDNs, FTP, e-commerce Content Management Systems.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Articulate, collaborative, good communicator, confident.
Whilst we would like to respond to all our on-line applicants, regrettably we are unable to do so due to the high volumes we receive. If you’ve not heard from us within two weeks, unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. For alternative opportunities or to register for jobs by email, please visit our website at www.newchapter.co.uk.