Rare opportunity within the drinks industry for a Finance Manager to be part of an organization that represents some of the most up & coming brands to enter into key global markets.
You’ll play a pivotal part in shaping and managing the financial function of the business and be a catalyst for developing the business model from a financial perspective. Experience ideally with handling financial reporting, cash management, budgeting, supporting the commercial and sales teams, advisor communication, fiscal compliance including expansion into new international territories, forex management and HR.
- Salary (+ benefits): Competitive salary + Bonus + Equity + Attractive annual leave package + Pension
- Working with management on CAPEX and market expansion decisions.
- Supporting the sales teams on: pricing; and key distribution agreements
- Working capital – review and improve supplier and customer terms; consider and manage sources of funds to efficiently manage the working capital cycle as the business grows. Build robust cash-control.
- Budgeting – coordinate the development of budgeting across all business functions
- Advisors – working with our existing accountancy, tax and legal advisors to co-ordinate the most efficient setup for the business as we continue to scale at speed.
- Compliance – work with the Operations and Sales teams to ensure all existing and future contracts are in the best interest of the business.
- Accounting – take responsibility for accounting software (currently Xero), working with our outsourced bookkeeping team to ensure all payments are made and received. Review and manage all banking facilities.
- Reporting – take responsibility for production of monthly management accounts and additional reporting as required by the business
- Oversee HR function, coordinating with external service providers (payroll, benefits, and general HR) and internal staff responsible for various aspects of HR
Skills and qualifications
- Professional Accountancy or Management Accountancy qualification
- Exceptional verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Understanding of advanced accounting, regulatory issues, and tax planning, ideally international experience
- Working knowledge of raising capital beyond traditional lines of credit
- Experience in a fast-growth startup environment, ideally including successful exit experience
- Drinks industry experience ideal, but not required.
Whilst we would like to respond to all our online applicants, regrettably we are unable to do so due to the high volumes we receive. If you’ve not heard from us within two weeks, unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. For alternative opportunities or to register for jobs by email, please visit our website at www.newchapter.co.uk.