- Up to £50,000 + Company Car, Bonus & Package
New Chapter are currently supporting a much-loved global brand in the search for a Group Automation Engineer. Reporting directly into the head of Automation you will be shaping the future of this business by creating and embedding projects which will allow problems to be solved using Automation and PLC Programming.
*** This is a National role and travel will be required 10% of the time – you will be situated at a main manufacturing site ***
The Main duties of the role are:
Project Management of Complex Automation Projects and been the technical lead from group for any site issues.
Design and delivery of less complex automation projects
Experience on PLC and Automation instillation and project management (Siemens, Allen Bradley, Mitsubishi, SCADA, Rockwell Automation all advantageous)
STRONG Project Management (Stakeholders, budgets ,Finance Meetings, Meeting Deadlines, Total Cost Ownership)
Desire to develop Conceptual programming with a basic appreciation as a minimum for this base requirement.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Management and adherence to the project management and investment processes for technical investment.
- Ensuring project budgets are closely controlled ensuring forecast spend is apparent at all times from concept to closure.
- Adhering to all project reporting requirements through systems and processes (Clarity, MPR, Monthly stakeholder and finance meeting as a minimum)
- Delivery of projects on time, to the required quality and to the designed specification as agreed and signed off by project specialists and stakeholders with support from ADMs.
- Technical support to projects team and for site delivered projects. Roll outs of complex automation projects.
- Design and delivery of less complex automation projects.
- Maintenance of standards. Ensure compliance on central projects and provide practical feedback on the current standards.
- Identifying obsolescence issues and improvements and creating centrally delivered Capex submissions.
- Technical guidance to ASEs and C&I Engineer, on the job training.
- Specialist automation support to site CI activities, which necessitate significant changes beyond the capabilities of ASEs
- Reactive support for operational automation issues within a clear escalation process
- Understand the concept of Lowest Total Cost of Ownership and design and deliver systems accordingly
- Understand unique challenges of FMCG and design and deliver systems accordingly
- Play an active part in continuously improving our systems and business
- Understand the impact of own actions and others on achieving site/business OGSM
- Support improvement activities / events within engineering owned areas
- Ensure own activities are aligned to overall business objectives and know how current performance impacts the bottom line
- Collaboratively work with engineering colleagues and other teams to improve our business and deliver the OGSM
- Ability to deliver on the job training to colleagues
- Health and safety of self and others
Ideally you will already be a proven PLC expert with knowledge of Sound knowledge of all PLC programmes (Siemens, Allen Bradley, Mitsubishi and Omron) and a good working knowledge of SCADA systems.
This is a great role in which to become part of a global business, it opens so many doors to future career progression and as such if you’re looking to make a move it should be with a view of developing a career with your next company. This role offers an attractive basic with up to 10% bonus potential the use of a company car with fuel card and private healthcare.
Whilst we would like to respond to all our on-line applicants, regrettably we are unable to do so due to the high volumes we receive. If you’ve not heard from us within two weeks, unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. For alternative opportunities or to register for jobs by email, please visit our website at www.newchapter.co.uk.