- Salary: £65,000 – £68,500/annum + Car Allowance and Bonus
- Package: Great Performance Related Bonus – 15%, Car Allowance, 8% Employer Pension Contribution, 25 Days + Bank Holidays & Family Healthcare
- Ideal Industries: Food Production, Beverage/Alcohol production, Dairy, Pharmaceutical & packaging
New Chapter are partnered with much-loved nation-wide player in the FMCG market who are currently on the search for an Engineering Manager for their site near Bridgwater.
This site requires a time served Engineering Manager who leads from the front, the site is currently on a maintenance roadmap to become more reliability focused but in doing so requires a strong leadership figurehead with a good background in maintenance techniques that can deliver results in becoming more planned and reliability focused. Experience of implementing CI initiatives advantageous.
This role would suit a seasoned engineering manager who can spin multiple plates including leadership and strategic planning, there are various stakeholders within group to liaise with while also managing two production business units, Site Services and Projects and CI teams. It’s a beast of a site and needs a good engineering figurehead to lead from the front.
Key Responsibilities of the role would include:
- Developing, mentoring, and leading an established team of engineers.
- Developing the maintenance strategy to become a planned maintenance environment vs its current reactive state.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement using models to improve the reliability of assets.
- Ensure all data is correctly recorded and reported to conform with audits and PPMs, using a function CMMS database.
- Manage 3rd party contractors, putting in place expected working standards for work to be completed.
- Assist the project teams with short and long-term projects, providing engineering technical expertise.
- Look at ways to reduce cost across the site, driving root cause analysis.
- Manage the team by KPIs and conducting regular performance reviews.
- Work closely with technical, production, hygiene, and H&S to establish strong relationships.
Opportunities within this company do not come around often at this level as their culture naturally promotes internal growth and progression. If you are considering a move or just keen to pick up a conversation around this role and company then please get in touch.
Whilst we would like to respond to all our online applicants, regrettably we are unable to do so due to the high volumes we receive. If you’ve not heard from us within two weeks, unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. For alternative opportunities or to register for jobs by email, please visit our website at www.newchapter.co.uk.