- £30,000 – £40,000 + Benefits
Our client is a highly successful business, manufacturing high quality, commercial grade outdoor furniture for distribution to hospitality clients world-wide, operating within a B2B environment.
Due to significant and sustained growth, our client is recruiting an experienced Logistics Manager to join their friendly team based in Wetherby.
This is an interesting and varied role, managing the relationships with our shipping and air freight providers and the day to day running of a large warehouse facility. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining relations with suppliers, whilst liaising with colleagues across the globe to ensure that the customers’ requirements are met.
- Develop and implement a long-term warehousing and logistics strategy
- Work collaboratively with freight forwarders and manage import / export shipments to ensure that all deliveries are on time.
- Customs and tariffs management
- Continuous review of our shipping and handling costs ensuring we are always getting the best price
Experience & Skills
- A background of working in a customer focused, manufacturing environment in an Import/Export role is essential
- A solid understanding of Export legislation and documentation is also essential.
- Great attention to detail when completing documentation and admin as well as total accuracy.
- A strong preference for proven experience of managing shipping from the Far East to multiple locations and customers around the world.
- Work well as part of a team, in an open office environment, whilst being able to work independently on your own initiative with tenacity & a drive to improve and succeed
Whilst we would like to respond to all our on-line applicants, regrettably we are unable to do so due to the high volumes we receive. If you’ve not heard from us within two weeks, unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. For alternative opportunities or to register for jobs by email, please visit our website at www.newchapter.co.uk.