We’re excited to be partnering with a world-leading Consumer Goods Company who is seeking a Logistics Manager to be based in their key hub in the Wigan Area, UK. Please note: this position will shortly be confirmed as either a 12-Month FTC, or Full-Time position – please be open to one or the other when submitting your application.
The successful candidate will be responsible for driving excellence across Logistics with primary focus on 3PL Management; operational performance, contract management, tender management all the way through to customer orders. Working closely with the new Head of Operations, you’ll lead the implementation of a new logistics process (Brownfield) incorporating stronger relationships, effective KPIs and a better balance of proactive vs. reactive. Within the newly formed Supply Chain structure, you’ll also be a Logistics Leader, ensuring strong cross-functional collaborations.
• Collaborate effectively with multiple logistics partners ensuring OTIF and mutually beneficial terms
• Lead the implementation of new logistics processes with focus on 3PL Management
• Drive logistics excellence as a Leader within the team and the overall business
• Ensure fluid internal/external communication on everything from current performance to the ongoing progress of the new SC/S&OP structure and the role logistics plays
• Ensure KPIs/key measurables are delivered to a high standard
Desired Skills and Experience:
• 5 – 10+ years’ experience in logistics/3PL management – either within 3PL and/or company
• Able to communicate with various stakeholders, both internally and externally, up to C-Suite level
• Can do and solutions-focused mentality
• Experience driving improvements/relationships with 3PLs
• Experience driving seamless on site E2E customer journey through logistics
Benefits/Why this Opportunity:
· Brownfield role – opportunity and intent to make the role yours
· Great family/entrepreneurial culture
· High visibility position
· Top-down Company commitment to excellence, employee wellbeing and continued growth
· Competitive package and benefits
There is much opportunity for ownership and growth in this role within a business renowned for their quality and Global presence. We look forward to receiving your application.
Whilst we would like to respond to all our on-line applicants, regrettably we are unable to do so due to the high volumes we receive. If you’ve not heard from us within two weeks, unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. For alternative opportunities or to register for jobs by email, please visit our website at www.newchapter.co.uk.