New Chapter are currently searching for a Maintenance Engineer for a growing SME manufacturing company in Kent. Founded over 25 years ago this small family business has flourished and diversified its high-quality product range and as such need support to maintain a solid level of production and quality of product.
Your primary responsibility will be to ensure that all engineering works are done promptly, efficiently and to the correct standard to minimise plant downtime; coupled with a proactive approach to breakdown reduction and yield improvement.
- To ensure the completion of the PPM tasks and formulate improved maintenance practices.
- To actively champion health and safety, ensuring that a safe working environment exists for all employees and that as a minimum, it meets the standards set out in the company’s health and safety and environmental policies.
- To be proactive in identifying and eliminating faulty processes by implementing long-term fixes.
- To uphold and exceed standards of product quality and GMP within their area that are appropriate to an industry-leading quality food/dinks manufacturer.
The role is varied and will include:
- Maintaining and improving all plant, processes and assets to a safe, efficient and reliable standard.
- Day to day maintenance and improvement of plant, assets and services.
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with food and H&S standard.
- Ensure the completion of the PPM tasks and formulate improved maintenance practices.
- Diagnose and repair equipment faults in a timely fashion, ensuring the smooth running of the Engineering Request System.
- Actively champion health and safety.
- Be proactive in identifying and eliminating faulty processes by implementing long-term fixes.
- Mechanical knowledge required.
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent as a minimum in a related engineering qualification accompanied with experience.
- Ability to understand a manufacturing process, analyse the inputs and outputs of the process and be able to draw up plans to continually improve performance, both in efficiency and quality or willingness to learn.
Whilst we would like to respond to all our online applicants, regrettably we are unable to do so due to the high volumes we receive. If you’ve not heard from us within two weeks, unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. For alternative opportunities or to register for jobs by email, please visit our website at www.newchapter.co.uk.