- Double days (Monday to Friday)
- £38,000 – £39,000 + Package
New Chapter are currently supporting a company in Manchester who are searching for Multi Skilled Engineers. The roles we are recruiting for are currently double days with no weekend working!
Ideally as a person you will naturally LOVE solving problems, getting into the thick of the machinery on site and be inquisitive to make improvements. A strong character with a solid CI maintenance background. You will be familiar with RCA and methods of CI such as FMEA, 5 Whys and Fishbone techniques and good working knowledge of PLC’s.
- To ensure effective handover of information across shift
- Uses PMS to support prioritisation and problem solving (RCFA)
- To diagnose faults and to test , repair and maintain Mechanical / Electrical equipment
- To observe, recognise and report on machinery or component defects or symptoms of impending failure and provide CMMS data
- Contact OEM’s and other suppliers for technical support as and when required and expedite parts when not available on site
- Lead shift based problem solving where corrective actions aren’t clear
- Working as ONE TEAM with First Line Response Technician
- Coaching of operators with asset care tasks
- Identify Improvements and implement within the OE framework
- Identify life cycle issues and raise these with possible recommendations
- Use and support simple 5WHY OE techniques / RCA techniques through to 100 year fix
- Use and support departmental 5s programmes for workshops and stores
- Continuous transfer of knowledge and best practice
Minimum requirements of this role are a NVQ Level 3 with a recognised apprenticeship, candidates will also be tested and expected to demonstrate levels of cross skilling. 17th/18th Edition also desirable.
Whilst we would like to respond to all our on-line applicants, regrettably we are unable to do so due to the high volumes we receive. If you’ve not heard from us within two weeks, unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. For alternative opportunities or to register for jobs by email, please visit our website at www.newchapter.co.uk.