- Very Competitive Salary + Bonus + Package
- 4 on 4 off D/N Rotating Shift Pattern
New Chapter are currently partnering with a much-loved global brand in the search for various Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineers for a manufacturing site within Gloucestershire. Ideally, we are looking for Multi-Skilled Engineers with an electrical bias, although engineers with a mechanical bias will also be considered. Due to an increase in permanent headcount away from contracting support we have multiple roles to recruit!!
The manufacturing site we are supporting are currently on a maintenance roadmap to become more reliability focused and way from a reactive environment, therefore experience in RCA, FEMAs and a good CI mindset would be a massive advantage with this global player!
Initially we will be looking for engineers from a manufacturing background, particularly within FMCG/Food manufacturing and liquid processing and if you have exposure in these environments then please apply so we can have a chat.
Your primary responsibility will be to ensure that all engineering works are done promptly, efficiently and to the correct standard to minimise plant downtime; coupled with a proactive approach to breakdown reduction and yield improvement.
- To ensure effective handover of information across shift
- Uses PMS to support prioritisation and problem solving (RCFA)
- To diagnose faults and to test, repair and maintain Mechanical / Electrical equipment
- To observe, recognise and report on machinery or component defects or symptoms of impending failure and provide CMMS data
- Contact OEM’s and other suppliers for technical support as and when required and expedite parts when not available on site
- Lead shift-based problem solving where corrective actions aren’t clear
- Working as ONE TEAM with First Line Response Technician
- Coaching of operators with asset care tasks
- Identify Improvements and implement within the OE framework
- Identify life cycle issues and raise these with possible recommendations
- Use and support simple 5WHY OE techniques / RCA techniques through to 100 year fix
- Use and support departmental 5s programmes for workshops and stores
- Continuous transfer of knowledge and best practice
Culture is a massive part of this organisation, and you will have an active role to play in continuously improving the business and helping in maintaining the great market position they hold, been accountable for your own maintenance roadmap and projects, delivering on promises in a dynamic energetic environment and inevitably winning as a team.
This is a great role in which to become part of a global business, it opens so many doors to future career progression and as such if you are looking to make a move it should be with a view of developing a career with your next company. This role offers an attractive basic with up to 5% bonus potential with an industry leading package.
Whilst we would like to respond to all our on-line applicants, regrettably we are unable to do so due to the high volumes we receive. If you’ve not heard from us within two weeks, unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. For alternative opportunities or to register for jobs by email, please visit our website at www.newchapter.co.uk.