- Competitive Salary
To manage the innovation programme for the brand.
- Deliver an extensive project including bespoke packaging, new formulation development, packaging design.
- Internally manage the innovation project to ensure alignment and take from Agreement to Launch through to launch into Market.
- Manage the 3rd party manufacturers from brief to launch.
- Manage the business financial sell-in and own the innovation budget.
- Reporting to the Senior Product Manager
- Key relationships with: Product Development Team, Insights Manager, Packaging & Formulation team, UK/EMEA NAMs & Commercial Team, Finance Manager, Finance Team, Supply/Demand Manager.
- Strong external relationships with: 3rd Party Manufacturers, Design Agency, Innovation Teams.
- Turnover: c.£55m
- M&C Budget Responsibility: c.£0.3m to be spent in line with budget. UK, EMEA.
- Primary KPI’s: On-time, on-cost, on-spec innovations that deliver incremental consumer growth (GSV £10-£25m)
- Secondary KPI’s: Operating Profit. Operating Contribution 3. Net Working Capital %.
- Strategy: Support the Head of Brand in defining a winning, distinct product proposition based on consumer, customer and market insights. Identify gaps and opportunities to generate compelling insights to help develop the 3 year innovation plan.
- Product Planning & Development: Lead from insight through concept to delivery of the product proposition. This includes managing the innovations through the typical internal stage gate innovation process.
- Gifting Development: Manage the design, development and creation of a seasonal gifting range that is market-leading, improving profit contribution and matches market and retailer demands. Directly Managing the Product Manager.
- Leadership: Act as the brand guardian for product development to deliver brand consistency in our product portfolio. Create innovation plans and inspire and motivate others to make launches successful, at pace with the consumer and brand salience at the centre of everything you do.
- Project Management: As the leader of the innovation project, accountable for the project timeline development, delivery and communication with all stakeholders. Lead and Own weekly NPD meetings with cross-functional delivery team
- Budget Management: Deliver on time and on budget and support the forecasting and reconciliation process for all brand spend. Including all design, testing, development and insights.
- Relationship Management: Be the key product contact for UK retailers and UK/EMEA distributors to to showcase NPD launches. Manage the day-to-day relationships with key 3rd party partners namely design agency, 3rd party manufacturers.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Needed:
- University Degree
- 3+years product development experience, ideally within Beauty or personal care, particularly working with 3rd party manufacturing approach.
- Experience of Innovation planning and Development & stage gate process.
- Strong Communicator/Influencer – experienced in influencing immediate stake holders internally and externally at same level and above with aptitude in storytelling, presentation writing and delivery
- Passionate about the beauty industry
- Passionate about beauty products
- Understanding of innovation and product development
- Good initiative, a real self-starter
- Strategic and Analytical
- A solutions-driven and pragmatic individual
- Creative thinker
- Excellent Communicator
- Flexible and Adaptable
- Ability to influence other functions
- Structured with attention to detail
- Team Player
- Functional Competences
Innovation Planning And Development
3rd party product development
Stage Gate process & Internal sell in
Sell-in of Products to the Trade
Data and analysis
Ref no: v/14970/jb
Whilst we would like to respond to all our on-line applicants, regrettably we are unable to do so due to the high volumes we receive. If you’ve not heard from us within two weeks, unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. For alternative opportunities or to register for jobs by email, please visit our website at www.newchapter.co.uk.