- £70,000 – £75,000 + Benefits (Max 80k for the right person)
- North London – Currently working remotely
Our client is the UK’s leading gift supplier, they encourage thoughtful gifting and are committed to making a difference.
They aim to have the best range of gifts on offer, at market leading prices, sold through an industry-leading e-commerce platform that is marketed through cutting edge e-marketing
You will be responsible for the Roadmap for a specific phase of the customer journey – including the end-to-end Product Lifecycle from inception to delivery and ongoing measurement and optimisation.
This senior role sits within the Product team and is a key new role to help drive the business forward strategically. You and your team will be focused on 3rd party integrations across our varied range of sectors to help build out the gift beneficiary booking experience
This role will best suit an individual who is well organised, pragmatic, and a lateral thinker, with an inquisitive mind who is motivated to work both individually and as part of a team.
The nature of the role means it varies from supporting live issues on current technologies, to developing roadmaps and building out new Product lines.
You will need to
- Apply data driven approach to define, prioritise, and validate the roadmap and backlog for your product area, using multiple data sources and customer insight (qualitative and quantitative)
- Take ownership of individual product area and full responsibility for leading development including:
- Identifying areas of improvement that will contribute to OKRs and improved customer experience
- Leading Product initiatives end to end including using research and discovery, development of user flows, wireframes and stories (with UX/Design), tracking, QA, UAT, post launch validation and ongoing optimisation
- Working with the wider Product team to ensure that all development is prioritised effectively
- Assist in establishment of the Product team as subject matter experts, building trust and value within the business and continue to help install agile methodology within the Product and Development teams
- Develop strong understanding of business processes and systems
- Work with other departments (Digital Marketing & Acquisition, Buying, CRM, Finance, Customer Service) to identify customer pain points and to develop possible solutions
- Lead your two direct reports as well as guiding and mentoring your cross functional team
- A minimum of 7 years online Product Management experience working in an agile environment
- Proven commercial experience in a similar role for an Ecommerce based business / transactional website, ideally from the Travel/Hotel booking sector
- Able to demonstrate experience of building Roadmaps for multiple development teams and leading key strategic initiatives
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing a team of Product Managers and Product Analysts
- Exceptional web analytics and data knowledge, with the ability to use data to derive insight
- Experience of 3rd party integration/APIs
- Experience with user research and discovery techniques
- Experience of business benefits/success metrics and OKRs
- Enthusiastic, curious and passionate about identifying and solving customer problems (whether consumer, supplier or internal)
Whilst we would like to respond to all our on-line applicants, regrettably we are unable to do so due to the high volumes we receive. If you’ve not heard from us within two weeks, unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. For alternative opportunities or to register for jobs by email, please visit our website at www.newchapter.co.uk.