Salary: Up to £50,000 + 10% Bonus Potential
Shift: Monday to Friday Days
Location: Stonehouse, GL10
New Chapter are currently partnering a much-loved global brand in the search for an Industrial Service Engineer. Reporting directly into the Site Services Engineering Manager you will be responsible for ensuring site engineering compliance across all statutory areas, also responsible for facilitation and implementation of best-in-class facilities management, utilities performance and assessment policies and processes.
This role contains a mixture of management of a team of engineers & operators while having great technical knowledge within the running of site services and its corresponding compliance. This FMCG giant has several manufacturing facilities across the site and as such no two days will be the same. You would be joining a brand that is instantly recongnisable and who are in an exciting time in their engineering plan.
Experience within the following is advantageous, the engineering manager is happy to develop in some areas, so if you don’t have all the below but tick some of the boxes please still get in touch:
- Steam Plant
- Industrial Refrigeration Systems
- Effluent Plant
- Legionella Management
- Team Management
- Compliance within Facilities
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Drive engineering compliance / compliance register
- Provide support to trouble shooting on utilities plant.
- Provide support to site to identify corrective actions following audits or incidents.
- Complete compliance assessment for site and develop and own action plans for improving performance
- Act as point of contact for third party inspection agencies
- Ensure a competent site duty holder is in place for Electrical systems, Legionella management, Pressure systems, Lifting, F-gas. Maintaining documentation including registers and written schemes of inspection ensuring sufficient resources to execute the requirements of these roles.
- Act as site owner for Risk Control Standards
- Act as site owner for actions arising from property insurance inspections and other statutory inspections
- Develop and implement robust plans for ensuring cost effective compliance to legislation and BU requirements
- Management of facilities and utilities service contracts to improve reliability and performance
- Review of existing utility performance and identify / introduce changes in operation and equipment to deliver reduced consumption / costs
- Owner of small-scale Capex projects relating to facilities / utilities. Develop and own a site strategy for continuous improvement across utilities performance, engineering compliance and facilities management
This is a great role in which to become part of a global business, it opens so many doors to future career progression and as such if you’re looking to make a move it should be with a view of developing a career with your next company. This role offers an attractive basic with up to 10% bonus potential.
Whilst we would like to respond to all our online applicants, regrettably we are unable to do so due to the high volumes we receive. If you’ve not heard from us within two weeks, unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. For alternative opportunities or to register for jobs by email, please visit our website at www.newchapter.co.uk.