- Competitive salary
Purpose of role
Responsible for the legal compliance of all cosmetic products within both the UK and international markets. Reporting to the Operations Director, the role requires working with third party manufacturers and the Buying, Design and Sales teams to ensure compliance of new and existing products.
Roles & responsibilities
- To ensure compliance of new and existing products with global legislative requirements (EU Cosmetic Regulation, REACH, CLP, FDA, Prop.65, etc).
- To work with third party Manufacturers to ensure product formulations satisfy all company requirements, including target brand margins to satisfy channel strategy.
- To provide guidance and assistance to the Buying team to ensure that the entire Supply Chain adheres to Corporate Responsibility Policy, including, as a minimum, ensuring that all suppliers comply with the Ethical Trading Initiative Base Code.
- To manage the strategic and operational performance of the Technical Department ensuring the successful delivery of the business strategy.
- To create, monitor and report on key performance indicators to ensure functional objectives are met.
- To provide strong technical support to both internal and external customers as well as suppliers.
- To maintain all key PIF data, ensuring relevant compliance and information readiness, in the case of Authority requests.
- To ensure that Product Information Files, Safety Assessments and uploads to the Cosmetic Products Notification Portal (CPNP) are completed to timeline and to a high-quality level.
- To ensure product labelling, product claims, marketing material, website and third-party packaging conform to regulatory, company and customer requirements.
- To ensure that product testing protocols reflect customer and regulatory requirements and meet industry best practice standards.
- Coordinate with regulatory agencies, distributors and retailers to resolve registration issues in existing markets.
- Identify and manage documentary export requirements and liaise with supply chain to ensure logistics support.
- To maintain and submit packaging waste obligation data to the relevant authorities, and to assure full compliance with the regulations governing the placement of packaging on the global market.
- Liaise with the customer service team; monitor and maintain adverse event reporting processes.
- Assist in designing and upgrading internal processes.
- Formulate and disseminate appropriate reports and KPI’s.
- Develop and maintain links to other teams, including Buying, Design, Marketing and external suppliers
- Investigate Non-conformities internally and liaising with Suppliers
- Follow up with suppliers on Documentation requirements for records
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc (Hons) Pharmaceutical and Cosmetic Science (PCS)
Knowledge and Skills
- A motivated self-starter, good at working well on your own and using your initiative
- Able to efficiently organise and prioritise your workload
- Highly Commercial
- Effective communicator
- Good organisational and interpersonal skill
- Excellent attention to detail
- Solid collaborative, consultative, problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and to deliver to tight deadlines
- Ability to work well within a team and offer guidance and support to others
- Previous experience in regulatory affairs (cosmetics or similar) is essential
Ref no: V/15060/JB
Whilst we would like to respond to all our on-line applicants, regrettably we are unable to do so due to the high volumes we receive. If you’ve not heard from us within two weeks, unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. For alternative opportunities or to register for jobs by email, please visit our website at www.newchapter.co.uk.