Business Development Manager
We are working with the new UK entity of a premium spirit and wine business who are the home of category leading brands in the drinks industry. As a Business Development Manager, you will look after a portfolio containing big names and exciting challenger brands, securing new business with accounts across the on-trade.
The role and responsibilities:
- Build and develop relationships with key customers and groups within your territory, becoming the go-to supplier.
- Increase distribution of our portfolio and grow rate of sale within a large and diverse customer base, developing robust JBPs/JMPs.
- Differentiate our brands by creating and executing innovative in-outlet activation, striving to secure maximum visibility of our brands.
- Train and educate in outlet team members to deliver perfect serves and collaborate to create new and exciting cocktails.
- Proactively seek out new business opportunities to grow your on-trade customer base.
- Develop excellent product knowledge and critically be aware of all market trends across beers wines and spirits.
Who we’re looking for:
- Ideally 2 years’ experience in sales, marketing, or related field within the on-trade/drinks industry.
- Brand drinks experience and use in cocktails would be advantageous.
- Entrepreneurial and ambitious self-starter with the ability to achieve targets and effectively organise own work schedule.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong commercial/financial understanding, together with intellect and curiosity to interpret performance, recommending appropriate actions.
- Ability to manage projects and multi-task whilst building strong and positive relationships.
- Comfortable managing some key accounts, building strong commercial relationships.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, being proactive and able to handle uncertainty.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Passionate about spirits and wines
Location: North West (Manchester & Liverpool)
Whilst we would like to respond to all our online applicants, regrettably we are unable to do so due to the high volumes we receive. If you’ve not heard from us within two weeks, unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. For alternative FMCG Job opportunities or to register for jobs by email, please visit our website at www.newchapter.co.uk.
At New Chapter, our commitment to diversity and inclusion extends to every aspect of our operation. We welcome and encourage applications from all candidates, irrespective of their gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, socioeconomic status, or any other dimension of diversity. We look forward to receiving your application.