Head of Sales
We have partnered with a premium, international, spirits and wine business to hire a Head of Sales, On Trade Markets. Reporting to the UK MD, you will manage a team of 15 to accelerate the growth of the company’s existing portfolio, and launch exciting NPD, across the UK On Trade.
Our client is a brand with an illustrious history owing to ownership of category-leading brands, emerging wine and spirits brands, as well as a host of NPD that is ready to be introduced to the UK market.
You’ll have full accountability for the UK On Trade sector, including the performance and success of the National Account and Field Sales teams. You’ll be experienced with National, Wholesale RTM, and IFT channels.
- Create, manage, and implement entire UK On Trade plan and joint business plans.
- Manage promotional budget and ensure efficient and effective spending to maximize success of activations and NPD launches.
- Effective cross-functional communication to ensure consistency throughout accounts at POS.
- Drive price, promotion, and distribution negotiations with key customers.
- Identify the best ways to build brands and drive growth across different market channels.
- Develop and nurture a team of 15 (6 direct reports, 9 indirect).
- Represent the On Trade function within the UK Senior Leadership Team.
- Ensure your team has their finger on the pulse for industry trends and can provide the senior UK team with relevant updates and recommendations.
Who would be a great fit:
Someone currently in a Head of On Trade role that wants an opportunity to develop and grow a portfolio of brands, including plenty of NPD, within the UK market.
- Ideally 8+ years in an On Trade sales/leadership role within the alcoholic drinks sector.
- Mastery of UK On Trade.
- Extensive understanding of National, Wholesale RTM, and Independent Free Trade channels as well as an active network that can generate new business wins for you and your team.
- Experience launching NPD to the UK market.
- Line management and large team development experience is a must.
Whilst we would like to respond to all our online applicants, regrettably we are unable to do so due to the high volumes we receive. If you’ve not heard from us within two weeks, unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. For alternative FMCG Job opportunities or to register for jobs by email, please visit our website at www.newchapter.co.uk.
At New Chapter, our commitment to diversity and inclusion extends to every aspect of our operation. We welcome and encourage applications from all candidates, irrespective of their gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, socioeconomic status, or any other dimension of diversity. We look forward to receiving your application.