- Salary £41,800 Base + 1.5x Overtime rate + Pension & Package
- Shift Pattern: 3 on 3 off, Days and Nights (12 hours)
New Chapter are currently searching for multiple Multi Skilled Engineers for a Global FMCG manufacturer based between Loughborough and Derby. Ideally you will be a time served apprentice trained engineer, a bias in electrical engineering would be advantageous too! These roles have arisen due to a brand-new product line been implemented at this site, meaning more hands-on deck are needed for a smooth-running shift!
The new engineering team will be fairly small and self-contained experts in the factory so we are looking for Engineers who have the ability to guide the cell working and take some real ownership of the area they are working in as a whole!
Your primary responsibility will be to ensure that all engineering works are done promptly, efficiently and to the correct standard to minimise plant downtime; coupled with a proactive approach to breakdown reduction and yield improvement.
- To ensure the completion of the PPM tasks and formulate improved maintenance practices.
- To actively champion health and safety, ensuring that a safe working environment exists for all employees and that as a minimum, it meets the standards set out in the company’s health and safety and environmental policies.
- To be proactive in identifying and eliminating faulty processes by implementing long-term fixes.
- To uphold and exceed standards of product quality and GMP within their area that are appropriate to an industry-leading quality food manufacturer.
- To be aware of budget and stock control and maintain shift paperwork to a high standard.
The role is varied and will include:
- Maintaining and improving all plant, processes and assets to a safe, efficient and reliable standard.
- Day to day maintenance and improvement of plant, assets and services.
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with food and H&S standard.
- Ensure the completion of the PPM tasks and formulate improved maintenance practices.
- Diagnose and repair equipment faults in a timely fashion, ensuring the smooth running of the Engineering Request System.
- Actively champion health and safety.
- Be proactive in identifying and eliminating faulty processes by implementing long-term fixes.
- Electrical knowledge & experience (fault finding) OR Mechanical knowledge required.
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent as a minimum in a related engineering qualification accompanied with experience.
- Ability to understand a manufacturing process, analyse the inputs and outputs of the process and be able to draw up plans to continually improve performance, both in efficiency and quality or willingness to learn.
Whilst we would like to respond to all our on-line applicants, regrettably we are unable to do so due to the high volumes we receive. If you’ve not heard from us within two weeks, unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. For alternative opportunities or to register for jobs by email, please visit our website at www.newchapter.co.uk.